Five Sips You Can Take to Save the World
1. Buy beer from local brewers, reducing the fossil fuels used to transport your beer.
2. Drink draught beer when you are in a bar or restaurant to eliminate packaging waste.
3. Recycle your empty bottles, six-pack holders and cardboard cases.
4. Buy a reusable growler and fill it at your local brewery, beer store or brewpub to cut down on the energy required to make glass.
5. Look for breweries that use organic ingredients or follow brewing practices that reduce the carbon footprint needed to brew beer.
Rick Lyke is a beer writer based in Charlotte, NC. He writes the Lyke2Drink blog.