Mystery Brewing Company was founded in 2012 by Erik Lars Myers. It was the first crowdfunded brewery to ever successfully fund and the first crowdfunded brewery to ever open its doors. They are the world’s only seasonal-only packaging brewery: each season Mystery features a seasonally appropriate Session Beer, a Hoppy Beer, a Farmhouse Ale, and a Dark Beer.
Mystery Brewing Co.
437 Dimmocks Mill Rd, Hillsborough, NC 27278Mystery Brewing Co.
- Lockwood’s Retreat is made with tropical-flavored hops Zythos, Azacca, and El Dorado.
- Lockwood’s Retreat doesn’t use traditional hop additions in the boil, all of the hops are added at the end of the mash, or as the beer is on its way to the fermenter.
- Gentlemen’s Preference gets its banana overtones from the hops used to finish it, Jarrylo.
- Gentlemen’s Preference is made with Abbey yeast and fermented slightly warmer than Mystery’s other beers to highlight the fruity esters from the yeast.
- All beer at Mystery Brewing Company is brewed by a Certified Cicerone(R).
- Mystery Brewing Company proudly uses North Carolina grown and malted malt from Riverbend Malting in Asheville in all of its beer.
Please visit the Beer Explorer Portal to login.