Stop by the Art of Beer Experience!
The World Beer Festival and Great Lakes Brewing Co. are proud to present the Art of Beer Experience, an educational area where beer lovers can experience the work, passion and creative process of skilled artisans and their craft. Visit the Art of Beer Experience not only to learn more about the artistry behind many of the beers you’ll find at the festival, but also to delve deeper into a life enriched by beer.
Come explore three very exciting and popular topics surround the brewing world:
- Join Fat Heads Brewery, Thirsty Dog Brewing & Buckeye Brewing for a round-table w. samples
- Take a deeper look into food & beer pairings and how the Great Lakes Brewing Co. Sustainable Farming Initiative continues to grow.
- Listen as Justin Forsythe, Brewery Ommegang Brewer, discusses how this style of beer is gaining massive popularity in the US.
Meet Luke Purcell, Head Brewer at Great Lakes Brewing, and try one of the brewery’s creations. They will be serving the following beers available all afternoon:
- Dortmunder Gold
- Edmund Fitzgerald
- Commodore Perry
- Lake Erie Monster
- Beer Fest Beer (All About Beer Magazine collaboration)
- Wright Pils
- Wandering Pelican
- Rye of the Tiger
FROM WATER TO BEER
Great Lakes Brewing Co. will be pairing different beers & ingredients to showcase how the raw ingredients are translated into the final product. Get more informed about the art of developing a beer from scratch. Be sure to try Beer Fest Beer, a collaborative beer from Great Lakes Brewing Co. and All About Beer Magazine.
Sample cask-conditioned beers from local brewers that have preserved the taste and aroma associated with real ale. Drink from casks conditioned with cocoa nibs and hot peppers.
A TASTE OF BELGIUM PRESENTED BY DUVEL MOORTGAT USA
Each Belgian and Belgian-style beer served in this area has a unique story, brewing technique and profile. Justin Forsythe of Brewery Ommegang and Matt Rhode of Duvel USA will be on hand pouring their beers, going over their background and fielding questions. Sample Belgian waffles expertly paired with beer, plus see Duvel USA art and design demons. Come in, grab some world-class beer and settle into the exotic world of Belgian Beer. Beers to be presented:
Brouwerij Duvel Moortgat, Belgium
- Duvel Moortgat, Belgian Strong Pale Ale
- Duvel Tripel Hop, Belgian IPA
Brasserie d’Achouffe, Belgium
- La Chouffe, Belgian Blonde
- Mc Chouffe, Belgian Brown Ale
- Houblon Chouffe, Belgian Tripel IPA
Brouwerij Liefmans, Belgium
- Fruitesse, Fruit Beer
Brewery Ommegang, Cooperstown, NY
- Gnomegang, Blonde Ale
- Abbey Ale, Belgian Dubbel
- Hop House, Belgian style Pale Ale
- Rare Vos, Amber Ale
- Brune, Belgian Dubbel
- Tripel, Belgian Tripel
BREWING EQUIPEMENT PAVILION
The Brewing Equipment Pavilion provides hands on demonstrations on the range of brewing techniques. You’ll be able to get up close to a brewhouse thanks to a model of a complete brewery provided courtesy of Newlands, a leading brewing equipment manufacturer.