All About Beer Magazine and the World Beer Festival Durham are pleased to announce a cover art contest. For the 2015 World Beer Festival-Durham, we’re running a t-shirt art contest called 20 Years of Beer in Durham. In keeping with our mission of building beer appreciation and cultivating beer communities, we are now seeking submissions for t-shirt art to be used on the official commemorative t-shirt for the upcoming 20th Anniversary of the World Beer Festival Durham.
The first place winner will receive four VIP tickets to a World Beer Festival Durham 2015, $200 payment for the art and have their creation used as the artwork on the 20th Anniversary World Beer Festival commemorative T-shirt.
The theme for the cover art should be “20 years of Beer in Durham.”
For information about The World Beer Festival and All About Beer Magazine, visit allaboutbeer.com.
Permissible Media: Two-dimensional artwork
Contest Requirements and Restrictions:
- Amateur and professional artists are encouraged to apply. Applicants should reside within the Triangle area of North Carolina.
- Entries should creatively reflect the city of Durham, culture and art of beer, which may encompass the history of beer, the art of craft beer brewing, or the enjoyment of quality beer. Entries should not reflect the overconsumption and abuse of alcohol.
- All artwork must be original in design and execution. No reproductions or copies of another artist’s work will be considered.
- The winning artwork will become the property of the All About Beer Magazine, and by submitting artwork for this competition, the artist agrees to release all rights for use of the original artwork and digital and printed reproductions of all or part of the artwork to the World Beer Festival and All About Beer Magazine.
- All About Beer Magazine reserves the right to slightly alter the final design of the winning artwork to fit its needs or to reject all submissions for the final t-shirt design and marketing campaign. The World Beer Festival also reserves the right to publicly display entries before and during the Festival.
- Artwork should not be larger than 12” (vertically or horizontally) While entries may not begin as digital images, before submission they should be digitally photographed or scanned by the artist.
- At a minimum, digital submissions should be 300 dpi
There is no need to include the World Beer Festival logo in your art—that will be applied at a later time.
Entries will be judged and finalists selected during the week of September 21. The winning artist will receive a VIP package for four to the 20th Anniversary of the World Beer Festival Durham on October 10, 2015 and payment of $200. Entrants will be notified of their status via email.