In World Beer Festival Raleigh’s cask ale section, you will find one-off beers that have been cask-conditioned. Cask-conditioned beers are usually defined by a few characteristics: these are beers that complete a secondary fermentation in the cask; they are kept and served at cellar temperature (52-57° F); and cask-conditioned beers have less carbonation than those dispensed using carbon dioxide. This results in a softer, more creamy mouthfeel, and the slightly warmer serving temperature allows additional flavors and aromas to emerge.
You can read more on cask-conditioned beers here, and you can sample the following examples at World Beer Festival Raleigh on Saturday, April 1.
- Big Boss Brewing Co. – Warhawk American Pale Ale
- Carolina Brewing Co. – Hot Pepper Hop Roar
- Oak & Dagger Public House – Ugly Crier Gose
- White Street Brewing Co. – Lemon Lime Hoptimist IPA
- Fortnight Brewing – 95X Double IPA
- Bombshell Beer Co. – Lady in Red Amber with Habanero
See the full lineup of beers and ciders to be served at the festival here.