This is a Full Time Position
The Account Executive is responsible for accomplishing all sales objectives by utilizing all of the products and channels, leading in developing any new products and channels, and presenting the goals, mission, and strengths of All About Beer to prospects, clients, and partners.
In so doing the Account Executive represents All About Beer and its products to clients, potential markets, and all members around and connected to the beer industry. This position delivers the core message points as to the Company’s mission, vision and core values.
The Account Executive works in conjunction with all team members providing appropriate insights, ideas, reports and leadership necessary to accomplish Company objectives.
Goals and Tasks for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Consult with company officials, sales and marketing departments, and advertising agencies in order to develop marketing and promotional plans and proposals
- Prepare promotional plans, sales literature, media kits, and sales proposals and contracts
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to new and existing customers in order to sell new advertising programs, and to protect and increase existing advertising and marketing programs
- Identify new advertising markets, and propose products to serve them
- Write copy as part of client or internal materials, as required
- Attend sales meetings, industry trade shows, events, and training seminars in order to gather information, promote products, expand network of contacts, and increase knowledge
- Gather all relevant material for bid processes, and coordinate bidding and contract approval
- Write sales outlines for use by staff
- Explain to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible
- Maintain assigned account bases while sourcing & developing new accounts
- Process all correspondence and paperwork related to accounts
- Draw up contracts for advertising work, and collect payments due
- Inform customers of available options for artwork, and provide samples
- Obtain and study information about clients’ products, needs, problems, advertising history, and business practices in order to offer effective sales presentations and appropriate product assistance.
- Design sales process and presentations in a consultative approach, challenging potential clients with new information and data on how to improve their sales & marketing performance
- Work closely with production and event departments to ensure quality in meeting client expectations
Activities include but are not limited to:
- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources.
- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
- Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
- Performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
- Establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Records management and reporting
- Providing guidance and expert advice to management or other groups on technical, systems-, or process-related topics.
- Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data.
- Getting members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks.\
- Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
Products include but are not limited to:
- All About Beer Magazine; for 35 years the leading information source on today’s world of beer. Fully paid print publication with circulation of 47,500.
- com; our website boasts over 10 years of valuable content and almost 200,000 unique visitors per month.
- All About Beer Digital; debuting Fall 2015, the magazine will arrive at iPads and iPhones and laptops; also includes social media and email promotion
- All About Beer Social Media – over 240,000 followers across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- All About Beer Email –our expanding newsletter offerings are subscribed to by over 124,000 beer lovers
- All About Beer – In-Market; promotional packages that are designed to assist in the development of local markets for brewers, wholesalers, and brands
- World Beer Festivals; we produce, consult, and partner to eight events in 2015, these represent a medium for extending product awareness while reaching over 35,000 ticketed beer enthusiasts.
Presently there are no direct management responsibilities that come with the job.
The Account Executive is expected to handle an extensive database using tools such as Salesforce.com. Furthermore, the position requires the ability to do financial analysis, professional presentations, Internet research, and staff trainings.
- Health Insurance (available after 90 days)
- 20 PTO (personal time off) days (eligible after 30 days of employment)
- 10 paid holidays a year
The compensation package will be centered around a percentage of company revenues, paid against a draw. a base salary.