All About Beer Magazine seeks a beer editor to curate and review beers for the company’s print magazine and website.
The ideal candidate will be adept at tasting beers, have a comprehensive knowledge of beer styles and be able to describe beers in a concise and engaging way. The right candidate will have an extensive background in beer and journalism, and the desire to be an authoritative voice on the subject of beer.
This is a fast-paced, deadline-oriented position, with the highest expectations of editorial writing, editing, beer knowledge and beer industry passion. The position offers a mix of editorial and administrative duties, as the beer editor will handle all logistical duties of having beers shipped to them and to the magazine’s other beer reviewers.
- Managing the intake of hundreds of beers each month, acquiring new releases and preparing content for the magazine and website
- Writing error-free copy in accordance with AP style
- Providing the editorial staff with a document of all the magazine’s beer reviews
- Interacting professionally with the beer industry
- Staying up-to-date with beer industry news and trends
- Writing occasional blog posts or features for the print magazine or AllAboutBeer.com
- Must have in-depth knowledge of BJCP beer styles; BJCP and/or Cicerone Certification are preferred
This is a part-time position with the ability to work remotely. To apply, send a cover letter, relevant clips and a résumé to [email protected], along with three beer reviews (of no more than 100 words each).
Compensation is based on previous experience and ability to execute assigned responsibilities.
About All About Beer Magazine
Now in its 38th year, All About Beer Magazine has been the essential source for our evolving beer culture. Its mission is to provide thoughtful and entertaining stories about beer to educate and expand beer appreciation and beer quality across the country. The company does this through its media and events. The World Beer Festivals are the company’s showcase for guests to experience the wide range of flavors and styles from beers around the world, while also meeting and learning about the expanding elements of today’s beer community.