This is a Part to Full Time Position
The Sales Associate encompasses the full spectrum of sales support responsibilities, and is responsible for supporting the sales and marketing team through coordination, communication, forecasting, lead generation, and direct sales. The Sales Associate role participates with the sales and marketing team to accomplish all sales objectives by utilizing all of the products and channels presently provided by All About Beer, and leading in developing any new products and channels. This role will contribute directly to the dramatic sales growth of All About Beer.
In so doing the Sales Associate prepares sales team forecasts and projections, manages sales pipelines and CRM tools, and executes performance and competitive analysis tools of All About Beer. Further, the Sales Associate represents All About Beer in delivering and collecting contracts to clients, coordinating materials and information with clients for All About Beer, managing sales team schedules and appointments, and providing information when needed or requested to other functions within All About Beer, including editorial, production, and accounting teams.
Finally, the Sales Associate represents All About Beer and its products to clients, potential markets, and all members around the beer industry to drive lead generation and direct sales. This is accomplished through delivering materials, contacting and consistently communicating with potential prospects, sourcing and researching prospects and relevant contact information, maintaining databases of relevant leads and prospects. Further, the Sales Associate will close sales when appropriate for all of All About Beer’s offerings, or when called upon to do direct sale for various offerings. This position delivers the core message points as to All About Beer’s mission, vision and core values.
The Sales Associate works in conjunction with all team members providing appropriate insights, ideas, reports and leadership necessary to accomplish All About Beer objectives.
Goals and Tasks for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Consult with company officials, sales and marketing departments, and advertising agencies in order to develop marketing and promotional plans and proposals
- Prepare promotional plans, sales literature, media kits, and sales proposals and contracts
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to new and existing customers in order to sell new advertising programs, and to protect and increase existing advertising and marketing programs
- Identify new advertising markets, and propose products to serve them
- Write copy as part of client or internal materials, as required
- Gather all relevant material for bid processes, and coordinate bidding and contract approval
- Write sales outlines for use by staff
- Explain to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible
- Maintain assigned account bases while sourcing & developing new accounts
- Process all correspondence and paperwork related to accounts
- Secure all marketing materials from client for fulfillment and campaign production
- Draw up contracts for advertising work, and collect payments due
- Inform customers of available options for artwork, and provide samples
- Obtain and study information about clients’ products, needs, problems, advertising history, and business practices in order to offer effective sales presentations and appropriate product assistance.
- Design sales process and presentations in a consultative approach, challenging potential clients with new information and data on how to improve their sales & marketing performance
- Work closely with production and event departments to ensure quality in meeting client expectations
Activities include but are not limited to:
- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources.
- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
- Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
- Performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
- Establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Records management and reporting
- Providing guidance and expert advice to management or other groups on technical, systems-, or process-related topics.
- Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data.
- Getting members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks.
- Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
Presently there are no direct management responsibilities that come with the job.
To apply, send a cover letter, résumé, and any other relevant documents to [email protected].