Brewbound has released the final agenda for the Brewbound Session Winter 2012, which will be held Nov. 29 in San Diego at the Paradise Point Resort.
With the conference just three weeks away, it is a perfect time to review the in-depth presentations and panel discussions that will take place. Already announced speakers include New Belgium CEO, Kim Jordan; Oskar Blues founder, Dale Katechis and Lagunitas Brewing founder Tony Magee.
Those looking to register for the event can do so here. Space is filling quickly, so don’t delay!
About the Brewbound Session:
The Brewbound Craft Beer Session is a business conference addressing the topics that most directly impact the decisions craft brewers are faced with as they look to grow their brands. The event focuses on the business side of craft, offering brewers a unique opportunity to learn from and network with industry experts. The Brewbound Craft Beer Session is sponsored by GEA Westfalia, Brewery Insurance Program, Reyes Beverage Group and BevForce.
Final Agenda For Brewbound Session Winter 2012
- 7:45 – 9:00 – Registration & Breakfast
- 9:00 – Welcome – Opening remarks with Brewbound.com Editor, Chris Furnari.
- 9:05 – 9:50 – A Case for Strategic Growth – A Keynote Address by Kim Jordan, CEO and Co-Founder, New Belgium Brewing Co. Followed by Q&A.
- 9:50 – 10:30 – Looking Beyond the Balance Sheet – Why a broader strategic vision is critical for the success of craft brands and the entire craft industry featuring Tony Magee, founder, Lagunitas Brewing Co. Followed by Q&A.
- 10:30 – 11:00 – Local Brand Building via Whole Foods – A discussion on how craft brewers can utilize Whole Foods and its marketing assets to build a brand at the local level. Featuring Meg Gill, co-founder, Golden Road and Dwight Detter, local forager, Whole Foods.
- 11:00 – 11:30 – NETWORKING BREAK
- 11:30 — 11: 50 – Crunching The Numbers of Craft – A behind the scenes look at the emerging channels for craft beer featuring Danny Brager, VP/Group Director, Beverage Alcohol Team – The Nielsen Company. Followed by Q&A.
- 11:50 – 12:30 – The Financing Environment For Craft – Identifying the factors that can sustain or derail crafts momentum. Featuring Townsend Ziebold, managing partner, First Beverage Group. Followed by Q&A.
- 12:30 – 1:30 – LUNCH
- 1:35 — 2:00 – Craft Beer Distribution at a Crossroads – Exploring the relationship between craft brewers and wholesalers. Featured panelists include Steve Zulanas, VP of Sales, Allied Beverages; Thomas Haas, VP of Sales, Matagrano, Inc.; Jace Milstead, Craft Brand Manager, Ace Beverage Co.
- 2:00 – 2:30 – Craft’s New Frontier – A discussion on the growth of craft beer activity in the convenience channel. Featuring Steve Jannuzzo, national convenience manager, Sierra Nevada.
- 2:30 — 3:00 – Raising Capital with the Crowd: How craft brewers can source capital using online crowdfunding platforms. Featuring Brian Meece, CEO, RocketHub.
- 3:00-3:30 – NETWORKING BREAK and BEER SAMPLING
- 3:30 – 4:10 – Improving the Brand Message – How craft brewers can stand out on shelf and build a powerful brand image. Wth Paul Evers, founder, tbd Advertising. Followed by Q&A.
- 4:10 – 4:30 – Going Mobile – How can craft brewers leverage the many advantages of a mobile platform? Featuring Melani Gordon, Co-Founder, Taphunter.com.
- 4:30 – 5:10 – Crafting Chances – A presentation on managing risk and accelerating innovation with Dale Katechis, founder, Oskar Blues. Followed by Q&A.
- 5:10 – 5:30 – Brewers Round Table – A group discussion that looks to the future of the craft beer industry. With Kim Jordan, Dale Katechis and Tony Magee.