On May 9th, The Massachusetts Brewers Guild and the Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources will be officially launching the newly created “Massachusetts Craft Brewers Trail” to the public!
The Massachusetts Craft Brewers Trail was created to invite craft beer lovers from Massachusetts and around the world to explore the Bay State by sampling the finely crafted ales and lagers from the over 60 breweries and brew pubs across the state. Many of these world-class breweries feature ingredients from Massachusetts such as locally grown and malted grains, fresh hops, and indigenous yeast strains as well as specialty ingredients from Bay State growers including apples, blueberries, herbs, honey, maple syrup, pumpkin, cranberries, peaches and oysters.
On May 9th, Breweries from each region will be hosting official kick-off parties to celebrate the public launch, offering visitors special tour experiences and unique brews to go along with their first Massachusetts Craft Beer Trail passport stamps. The launch party in each region will be taking place at:
- South Region – Mayflower Brewing Company, 12 Resnik Rd, Plymouth, MA 02360
– North Shore Region – Newburyport Brewing Company, 4 New Pasture Rd, Newburyport, MA 01950
– Greater Boston Region – Harpoon Brewery, 306 Northern Ave, Boston, MA 02210
– MetroWest Region – Wormtown Brewery, 455 Park Ave, Worcester, MA 01610
– Western Region – Berkshire Brewing Company, 12 Railroad St, South Deerfield, MA 01373
Passports are available at all participating Massachusetts Breweries and can also be viewed/printed at www.massbrewersguild.org. Once a person completes a region or the whole map, prizes will be rewarded by sending their stamped passport to the Mass Brewers Guild.