ESCONDIDO, CA—San Diego-based Stone Brewing Co. has nabbed another prestigious distinction. The 10th largest craft brewing company in the U.S. was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s “5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies.” That alone is great news, but even more impressive is that Stone is one of a very select group that has made the publication’s list seven years in a row. In fact, this is the second recognition of substantial growth the company has received this year. In July, Stone was recognized by the San Diego Business Journal as one of the city’s “100 Fastest-Growing Private Companies” for the 10th year in a row. Stone is the only company to have ever achieved this distinction.
“It’s an honor to receive national recognition for our efforts over the years,” said Stone CEO & Co-founder Greg Koch. “Our growth has progressed due to our fans’ desire for better tasting, quality craft beer that they can trust. In order to address demand, we’ve added brewing capacity with the new Stone Packaging Hall, opened the 750-seat Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens – Liberty Station, and launched a Stone Brewing Co. outlet in Terminal 2 of the San Diego International Airport – and that’s just our expansion this year! We’ve accomplished this all despite never discounting, compromising our standards or needing to advertise our beer. Thanks to Inc. for recognizing our efforts; we look forward to making the list again next year.”
According to Inc., to be considered for the list, a company must:
- Have generated revenue by March 31, 2009
- Have generated at least $100,000 in revenue in 2009
- Have generated at least $2 million in revenue in 2012
- Be privately held, for profit, and based in the U.S. and independent (not a subsidiary or division of another company)
Stone anticipates beer production to increase to 210,000 barrels in 2013, a 20 percent increase over 2012. The company has already hired more than 185 employees this year alone and provided employment opportunities for more than 250 people at the newly opened Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens – Liberty Station, as well as nearly 30 people at the recently opened Stone Brewing Co. in Terminal 2 of San Diego International Airport. Currently, Stone has 81 positions available in brewing, administration, restaurant employment, management, sales, transportation and warehousing in Southern California and the U.S.Interested applicants may visit www.stonebrewing.com/jobs/ for more information.
Significant milestones reached in 2013 thus far by the craft brewing company include:
- In May, Stone opened the 55,000-square-foot farm-to-table brewery restaurant, Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens – Liberty Station, in San Diego’s Point Loma neighborhood.
- Stone Farms, the company’s organic-methods farm in Escondido, CA, opened to the public in May for beer, merchandise and produce sales.
- Stone Packaging Hall, located directly next to the brewery in Escondido, CA opened in early July. The new facility houses the bottling and kegging operations, as well as offices.
- Stone recently opened a dining venue in the revamped Terminal 2 section of the San Diego International Airport, serving its signature world-inspired creative cuisine and big, bold and hoppy beers.