All About Beer Magazine seeks a self-motivated, ambitious, and detail-oriented individual to join our team. We continue to expand and tell the story of beer and brewing and those in the brewing community through our work, including producing events for over 20 years. This person will organize and direct our World Beer Festivals, North Carolina Brewers’ Celebration, and support the work of partner events. This individual will work directly with the Director of Beer Programs and staff to ensure successful experiences in our events business. The Event Manager is organized, positive, and energized by the world of beer!
All About Beer produces beer events and festivals that are unique, educational, innovative, and celebrate the exciting world of beer for consumers. The Event Manager will organize and direct All About Beer events successfully and within budget to deliver exceptional experiences for our patrons.
- Manage all elements of event production to ensure an effective, fun, safe event
- Manage all budgets, facilities, permitting, licensing, insurance, and requirements to ensure profitability
- Manage tickets sales and ticketing protocols
- Source and negotiate rates and offerings with vendors
- Develop programs, materials and information necessary to promote event to sponsors, vendors, and attendees
- Develop, curate and seek new and existing sponsorship clients and revenue opportunities
- Identify and recruit vendors, sponsors, and entertainers
- Define security processes and procedures and ensure appropriate safety and security
- Identify and manage charity partner opportunities, including festival volunteer staff
- Identify and manage event interns
- Promote responsible enjoyment of beer
- Promote positive ongoing relationships with brewers, sponsors, vendors, and volunteers
- Motivate and engage various groups of people on the work done through All About Beer as well as supplier/wholesale partners
- Manage marketing plan including: media co-sponsorships, brand development, street team management and distribution, and public relations. Sell and manage space for merchandise vendor booths, food vendor booths and sponsorship relationships.
- Have strong interpersonal relationship skills,
- Have unsurpassed organization, planning, and management skills, including a tenacity for details and ability to manage multiple events
- Have a drive for continuous improvement,
- Enjoy collaborative environments that encourage continuous improvement
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Have basic knowledge of the growing beer community and passionate to continue to learn
- Be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Google Drive, and experience with project management systems
- Work efficiently in a fast paced, creative environment
This is a full-time position, with a compensation package that includes salary plus commission, bonuses, and benefits including medical coverage. Travel and evening/weekend work required throughout the year.
Consideration will be given to those candidates with planning and event management experience; a preference will be given to those with trade show and/or association management experience. Bachelor’s degree is required.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Event Manager” in subject line.