DENVER, CO – The lucky 13th annual Denver Rare Beer Tasting released a list of 58 of America’s leading craft breweries that have committed to pour at the Oct. 7th event to raise funds for Pints for Prostates.
The prostate cancer awareness event takes place in Colorado during the same weekend as the Great American Beer Festival. The Denver Rare Beer Tasting 13 features the chance to sample rare, exotic and vintage beers from dozens of leading craft breweries and the opportunity to meet the men and women who made them.
“We’re thrilled to bring the tradition of the Denver Rare Beer Tasting back this year. This event is a favorite of both craft brewers and beer fans. This celebration of beer passion allows us to reach men through the universal language of beer with an important health message,” said Rick Lyke, founder of Pints for Prostates. “A group of highly regarded American craft breweries will be serving a collection of the most unique beers on the planet. And it’s all for a great cause, fighting prostate cancer.”
Committed to attend the Denver Rare Beer Tasting 13 are these breweries:
- Alamo Beer, San Antonio, TX
- Amalgam Brewing, Denver, CO
- Avery Brewing, Boulder, CO
- Baere Brewing, Denver, CO*
- Beachwood Brewing, Long Beach, CA*
- Big Sky Brewing, Missoula, MT
- Boston Beer, Boston, MA
- Bottle Logic Brewing, Anaheim, CA
- Bow & Arrow Brewing, Albuquerque, NM*
- Branch & Bone Artisan Ales, Dayton, OH
- Broken Compass Brewing, Breckenridge, CO*
- Bruz Beers, Denver, CO*
- Burns Family Artisan Ales, Denver, CO
- Casey Brewing and Blending, Denver, CO
- Cellar West Artisan Ales, Lafayette, CO*
- Cerebral Brewing, Denver, CO
- Cosmic Eye Brewing, Lincoln, NE*
- Denton County Brewing, Denton, TX*
- Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, Milton, DE
- Drekker Brewing, Fargo, SD
- Ecliptic Brewing, Portland, OR
- Firestone Walker Brewing, Paso Robles, CA
- Forager Brewing, Rochester, MN
- Fremont Brewing, Seattle, WA
- Garden Path Fermentation, Burlington, WA
- Great Divide Brewing, Denver, CO
- Jagged Mountain Craft Brewery, Denver, CO*
- Joyride Brewing, Edgewater, CO
- Kane Brewing, Ocean, NJ
- Left Hand Brewing, Longmont, CA
- The Lost Abbey, San Marcos, CA
- Metazao Brewing, Indianapolis, IN*
- Moksa Brewing, Rocklin, CA
- Nebraska Brewing, La Vista, NE
- New Image Brewing, Arvada, CO
- NoDa Brewing, Charlotte, NC
- Odyssey Beerwerks, Arvada, CO
- Olde Hickory Brewery, Hickory, NC
- Ozark Beer, Rogers, AR
- Perennial Artisan Ales, St. Louis, MO
- Prison City Brewing, Auburn, NY
- Radiant Beer, Anaheim, CA*
- The Referend Bier Blendery, Kutztown, PA*
- River North Brewery, Denver, CO
- Rowley Farmhouse Ales Santa Fe, NM
- Saint Arnold Brewing, Houston, TX
- Sierra Nevada Brewing, Chico, CA
- Spice Trade Brewery & Kitchen, Greenwood Village, CO*
- Trophy Brewing, Raleigh, NC
- Union Craft Brewing, Baltimore, MD
- Verboten Brewing, Loveland, CO
- Wayfinder Beer, Portland, OR*
- Weathered Souls Brewing, San Antonio, TX
- WeldWerks Brewing, Greeley, CO
- Westbound & Down Brewing, Idaho Springs, CO
- WestFax Brewing, Lakewood, CO
- Wild Mind Ales, Minneapolis, MN
- Woods Boss Brewing, Denver, CO
(* First Denver Rare Beer Tasting appearance.)
Breweries bring some of their rarest brews to the annual tasting. The beer list for the Denver Rare Beer Tasting 13 will be released prior to the event.
In addition to the beer and silent auction donations made by participating breweries, All About Beer is the media sponsor for the Denver Rare Beer Tasting 13 and logistical support is being provided by MicroStar. Additional sponsorship packages are available for companies that wish to take part in this boutique tasting.
Tickets for the event are now on sale for $200. Each attendee receives beer samples, lunch, collectible tasting glass, t-shirt and program. Included in the ticket price guests will have the chance to meet the men and women who brewed the rare beers being served, be entered in a drawing to win an amazing beer trip, bid in an exciting silent auction that includes a variety of unique beer experiences and collectibles, and participate in the Brewers Health Initiative, a free men’s health screening.
“We launched this event in 2009 with the idea that the Denver Rare Beer Tasting would be a special experience for beer fans and brewers,” said Lyke. “This event is about the beer, the people and the cause – men’s health. We’re proud the Denver Rare Beer Tasting is recognized as one of the best craft beer events in the U.S. and that we have provided free health screenings for thousands of men.”
This year there will be a single admission format with a four hour session for all ticket buyers. The number of available tickets have been reduced, with just 600 tickets available to the public. Breweries will be pouring on three floors of the McNichols Civic Center Building at 144 W. Colfax Ave.
Each of these moves are designed to create less crowding and more space for people to relax while sampling the beers. All attendees must present proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID or a negative test result within 48 hours of the event.
Pints for Prostates is a 501(c)3 non-profit charity and all net proceeds from Denver Rare Beer Tasting go towards the group’s awareness mission, education and support programs, and free prostate cancer screening programs.
About Pints for Prostates
Pints for Prostates reaches men through the universal language of beer to encourage them to take charge of their health. The group was founded by prostate cancer survivor and beer writer Rick Lyke in 2008. The grassroots effort raises awareness among men about the importance of regular men’s health screenings by making appearances at beer festivals, social networking and pro bono advertising. According to the National Cancer Institute, approximately 268,000 new prostate cancer cases will be diagnosed in 2022 in the U.S., with sadly 34,500 deaths from the disease. More information is available at www.pintsforprostates.org. Pints for Prostates also has a presence on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (@pints4prostates).