All About Beer Magazine seeks an editorial assistant to oversee and aid in the magazine’s work both in print and online.
The ideal candidate will have a sharp eye for details and strong organizational skills, as this position plays a critical role in overseeing the publication process. The position offers a mix of editorial and administrative duties.
The editorial assistant will work with both the editor and art director by sourcing content and photography, working in the publishing process and ensuring deadlines are met. A knowledge of the craft beer industry is preferred.
There are two primary duties of the editorial assistant:
1) Aid in the production of content in the print magazine and online, from inception to invoice.
2) Communicate with staff, freelance writers, our sales team and advertisers to ensure deadlines are met and materials are delivered.
The ideal candidate will have strong communication, organizational and time management skills.
The selected candidate will report to the editor and art director as deemed necessary and in a timely manner. Format for reporting will be discussed at time of hire. Must have working computer and access to internet and phone.
- Prepare copy and art for print and online
- Create and maintain the magazine’s flatplan
- Oversee production of the magazine’s media kits
- Oversee production of additional sales collateral and magazine inserts
- Oversee creation of schedules and deadlines
- Collaborate with the editor by offering headline and pull quote suggestions, and by editing content as needed
- Ensure execution of marketing plan
- Manage advertising fulfillment for print and digital, including collection of materials
- Ensure prompt filing of stories and manage flow of content
- Ensure that all freelance writing/photo invoices are delivered to accounting
- Help with company social and e-mail efforts as needed
This is a remote position. Candidates from throughout the state of North Carolina are encouraged to apply, as the magazine’s headquarters are located in Durham.
To apply, send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
Compensation based on previous experience and ability to execute assigned responsibilities.
About All About Beer Magazine
Now in its 38th year, All About Beer Magazine has been the essential source for our evolving beer culture. Its mission is to provide thoughtful and entertaining stories about beer to educate and expand beer appreciation and beer quality across the country. The company does this through its media and events. The World Beer Festivals are the company’s showcase for guests to experience the wide range of flavors and styles from beers around the world, while also meeting and learning about the expanding elements of today’s beer community.