DENVER, CO – Tickets for the 14th edition of the Denver Rare Beer Tasting go on sale Father’s Day, June 18th at Noon (MT). The list of 64 of America’s leading craft breweries that have committed to pour at the Sept. 22nd event to raise funds for Pints for Prostates was released today.
The prostate cancer awareness event takes place in Colorado during the same weekend as the Great American Beer Festival. The Denver Rare Beer Tasting 14er features the chance to sample rare, exotic and vintage beers from dozens of leading craft breweries and the opportunity to meet the men and women who made them.
“The Denver Rare Beer Tasting, a favorite of both craft brewers and beer fans, has become a tradition. This celebration of beer passion allows us to reach people through the universal language of beer with an important health message,” said Rick Lyke, founder of Pints for Prostates. “We joke that we are ‘drinking beer and saving lives,’ but the reality is that the craft beer community has truly come together around the cause of fighting prostate cancer. Because of the funds raised we’ve been able to provide free health screenings to thousands of people over the years.”
The brewery roster this year has many fan favorites from the previous 13 events, along with 22 first-timers and one other that previously only participated remotely during COVID. Curating the brewery list is challenging because there are always more breweries wishing to take part than space will allow.
With guests typically attending from more than 40 states and several foreign countries, most will get the chance to experience some breweries for the first time. Organizers select breweries based on input from several sources, including surveys of guests of past Denver Rare Beer Tastings, with attention paid to brewery reputation, stylistic variety, ownership/brewer diversity and geographic representation. This year breweries from 24 states are participating, including 18 from Colorado. Craft beer in America offers multiplicity and that is reflected by the breweries and beers at the Denver Rare Beer Tasting.
The list of 64 breweries that have committed to take part includes:
- Alamo Beer Company, San Antonio, TX
- The Ale Apothecary, Bend, OR
- Alesong Brewing and Blending, Eugene OR
- Amalgam Brewing, Denver, CO
- Avery Brewing, Boulder, CO
- Barrique Brewing and Blending, Nashville, TN
- Beachwood Brewing, Long Beach, CA
- Bierstadt Lagerhaus, Denver, CO
- The Big Friendly, Oklahoma City, OK
- Big Sky Brewing, Missoula, MT
- Bombastic Brewing, Hayden, ID
- Boston Beer, Boston MA
- Bottle Logic, Anaheim, CA
- Bow and Arrow Brewing, Albuquerque, NM
- Branch & Bone Artisan Ales, Dayton, OH
- Buried Acorn Brewing, Syracuse, NY
- Burns Family Artisan Ales, Denver, CO
- Casey Brewing and Blending, Glenwood Springs CO
- Cerebral Brewing, Denver, CO
- Comrade Brewing, Denver, CO
- Creature Comforts Brewing, Athens, GA
- Dogfish Head Brewery, Milton, DE
- Ecliptic Brewing, Portland, OR
- Fiction Beer Company, Denver, CO
- Fidens Brewing, Colonie, NY
- Forager Brewing, Rochester, MN
- Fort George Brewery, Astoria, OR
- Fox Farm Brewery, Salem, CT
- Free Will Brewing, Perkasie, PA
- Garden Path Fermentation, Burlington, WA
- Great Divide Brewing Co., Denver, CO
- Jessup Farm Barrel House, Fort Collins, CO
- Jester King Brewery, Austin, TX
- Joyride Brewing, Edgewater, CO
- Kane Brewing, Ocean, NJ
- La Cumbre Brewing, Albuquerque, NM
- Live Oak Brewing, Austin, TX
- The Lost Abbey, Vista, CA
- Mikerphone Brewing, Elk Grove Village, IL
- NoDa Brewing, Charlotte, NC
- Odyssey Beerwerks, Arvada, CO
- Old Irving Brewing Co., Chicago, IL
- Other Half Brewing, Brooklyn, NY
- Ozark Beer, Rogers, AR
- Perennial Beer, St. Louis, MO
- Pig Minds Brewing, Machesney Park, IL
- Prairie Artisan Ales, Oklahoma City, OK
- Primitive Beer, Longmont, CO
- Radiant Beer, Anaheim, CA
- Reuben’s Brews, Seattle, WA
- River North Brewery, Denver, CO
- Rowley Farmhouse Ales, Santa Fe, NM
- Scofflaw Brewing, Atlanta, GA
- Sierra Nevada Brewing, Chico, CA
- True Anomaly Brewing, Houston, TX
- Twin Elephant Brewing, Chatham, NJ
- Union Craft Brewing, Baltimore, MD
- Verboten Brewing and Barrel Project, Loveland, CO
- Wallenpaupack Brewing, Hawley, PA
- Weathered Souls Brewing, San Antonio, TX
- WeldWerks Brewing, Greeley, CO
- Westbound & Down Brewing, Idaho Springs, CO
- Wise Man Brewing, Winston-Salem, NC
- Wood Boss Brewing, Denver, CO
Since its inception in 2009, the Denver Rare Beer Tasting has attracted some of America’s most respected craft breweries who generously serve their most exotic beers. A total of 216 breweries from 44 states have poured at the event during its first 13 editions. Only four breweries have participated in all 13 Denver Rare Beer Tastings and another 42 breweries have poured at least five times, while 87 have made a single appearance at the event. The nature of the event makes it a bucket list happening for beer fans and brewers.
In addition to the beer and silent auction donations made by participating breweries, All About Beer is the media sponsor for the Denver Rare Beer Tasting 14er. Sponsorship packages are available for companies that wish to take part in this boutique tasting.
Tickets for the event are $200 and go on sale on Father’s Day.
Each attendee receives beer samples, lunch, collectible tasting glass, t-shirt and program. Included in the ticket price guests will have the chance to meet the men and women who brewed the rare beers being served, be entered in a drawing to win an amazing beer trip, bid in an exciting silent auction that includes a variety of unique beer experiences and collectibles, and participate in the Brewers Health Initiative, a free men’s health screening. The event features a single admission format with a four hour session for all ticket buyers. Breweries will be pouring on three floors of the McNichols Civic Center Building at 144 W. Colfax Ave.
“The Denver Rare Beer Tasting is a special experience for beer fans and brewers,” said Lyke. “This event is about the beer, the people and the cause – men’s health. The Denver Rare Beer Tasting is recognized as one of the best craft beer happenings in the U.S. and we’ve provided free health screenings for thousands over the years that helped them to take charge of their health.”
Pints for Prostates is a 501(c)3 non-profit charity and all net proceeds from Denver Rare Beer Tasting go towards the group’s awareness mission, education and support programs, and free prostate cancer screening programs.
Prostate cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among men in the U.S. The National Cancer Institute estimates that approximately 288,300 new prostate cancer cases will be diagnosed in 2023, with 34,700 U.S. deaths from the disease. Prostate cancer is nearly 100 percent survivable when detected early and properly treated. There are currently more than 3.1 million survivors of prostate cancer in the U.S.
About Pints for Prostates
Pints for Prostates reaches men through the universal language of beer to encourage them to take charge of their health. The group was founded by prostate cancer survivor and beer writer Rick Lyke in 2008. The grassroots effort raises awareness among men about the importance of regular men’s health screenings by making appearances at beer festivals, social networking and pro bono advertising. According to the National Cancer Institute, approximately 288,300 new prostate cancer cases will be diagnosed in 2023 in the U.S., with sadly 34,700 deaths from the disease. More information is available at www.pintsforprostates.org. Pints for Prostates also has a presence on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (@pints4prostates).